How to Resolve the Error Code 0x80042109 in Outlook?
he Error Code 0x80042109 generally occurs when users are trying to perform any action with Microsoft Outlook and it becomes unresponsive. There may be reasons such as virus or malware infection or corrupted files of the internet, etc. There are different methods to fix this error recommended by Outlook Technical Support Team. Below mentioned are some solutions to this issue which you can opt to get rid as soon as possible:
Steps to Fix Outlook Error Code 0x80042109
Solution 1: By disabling the Proxy server
- Start with clicking on win key + S and then type in “cmd” in the search box which will open the “Command Prompt”
- Make a right click on “Command Prompt” and then choose “Run as administrator”
- Now, you need to disable the proxy by going to the “Network Settings”
Solution 2: By installing a right professional software
The experts recommend installing professional software for antivirus and PC Optimization in order to remove this error. Then, perform a scan of the full system to check whether any issue is still there on your PC.
Solution 3: By removing the junk files by using “Command Prompt”
- Press Win key + X and then choose “Command prompt (Admin)”
- When the window of confirmation opens up, click on “Yes”
- Type in “cleanmgr” command into the Command Prompt window and then press “Enter”
- Now, the system will start scanning and removing the junk files automatically. Mark all the check boxes which are having all the unnecessary system files
- Finally, click “OK” and then close the “Command prompt”
Solution 4: By launching the System File Checker
- Firstly, click on “Win Key + X then type in “cmd”. Now press “Enter”
- Type in “sfc/scannow” and then again press “Enter”
- Wait for a while for the File checker to complete the scanning and repairing of the corrupted files
- After the process being finished, restart the PC
Solution 5: By changing the settings of your Email Account
- Open the “Outlook” and click on “File”. Then, choose “Account Settings”
- Now find your Email Account and make double-click on it. Then select “Change”
- Choose “More Settings” and then click on “Advanced Settings”
- In the opened window, change the “Outgoing Server (SMTP)” value from “25” to “587” which will give you extra security.
- Then, set the encryption to “TLS” and click “OK”. Then select “Next” and “Finish”.
The solutions mentioned above will help in fixing the Error Code 0x80042109. If you still find any issue, you will need to contact professionals for the right support.